My Mother

My Mother
The original Miss Jones.

Thursday 2 September 2010

Transporter Bridge, Newport


The river Usk taken from mid-crossing

On our way up they valleys yesterday, I decided to take my friend as a foot passenger on the Transporter bridge. She had photographed it last year when it was being refurbished, so I thought she might like to see how the work had panned out! I have been over twice since it re-opened, thus the photos. However this was not to be yesterday!


The SDR bridge taken from mid-crossing.

A man, from London, dressed as the Incredible Hulk had scaled the iconic landmark and unfurled a banner. The banner then became entangled in the workings of the bridge gondola and it had to be closed for safety reasons.

Newport's iconic Transporter Bridge.

Well, a worthy cause I am sure, but the police time and disruption to the newly refurbished landmark isn't really worth it, as it will be old news tomorrow and he ends up in court. What message does then send to the person he wants custody or justice from?











No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on these postings.