My Mother

My Mother
The original Miss Jones.

Saturday 18 September 2010

Independent Ballet Wales - The lady of The Lake/ Llyn-y-Fan


This time last year I went with my friend Anne to see the Independent Ballet Wales perform 'How Green Was My Valley' at the Millennium Centre in Cardiff. I was enraptured. This evening I was fortunate enough to see them perform again at the  Riverfront theatre in Newport.  This young, vital group performed 'The Lady of the Lake', the fairy bride who left her underwater home to marry a farmer and lived as his wife in the Brecon Beacons. Ultimately, she returns to her water home in the lake, it is quite a sad tale, but beautifully performed again this year.


These young people take the most famous Welsh folk tales of all time and perform them as breathtakingly as any professional performing the classics.  These young dancers are pushing back the boundaries of classical ballet while bringing life to the finest characters in literature. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on these postings.