My Mother

My Mother
The original Miss Jones.

Sunday 5 September 2010

Ponypool Jazz Festival



On Friday I was invited  to the Pontypool Jazz festival. When I heard that the marquees had been abandoned, after being washed away three years ago (the whole Festival was a wash out that year apparently) I was disappointed, but I needn't have been so. It was brilliant, even though it all took place indoors.


This years Festival has a 'Jazz from Wales' theme and showcases the tremendous number of hugely talented Welsh-born and Welsh-based jazz musicians. The singer in the second half was a young girls called Alicia Hooper, it seems her dad is the well known Welsh jazz musician Dennis Hooper. She sang the Amy Winehouse number 'Valerie' brilliantly and there were loud called for an encore, even from the friend I was with, who doesn't get excited about much! There was an encore of course, and we all left Pontpool park on a high. If that was the first night, I am sorry I can't make the rest of the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on these postings.