My Mother

My Mother
The original Miss Jones.

Thursday 30 September 2010

More Ryder Cup

Prince Charles at the Celtic Manor Resort,
 with Colin Montgomerie.
Where is all this traffic?  As we in East Newport are all stocked up for the siege and have been warned we won't be able to leave our homes for the huge traffic jams predicted, we now feel a bit cheated.  We are stock piled and waiting, but the traffic is very light!

I went to Tesco's for petrol early this morning to avoid the jams - there were none.  I pulled into the petrol station and the only sign of the Ryder Cup was an American guy in front of me in the queue waiting to pay.  He said to the cashier 'I don't understand your money, will you take what I owe you'? He handed her £80 in twenties, she smiled politely and gave him £49.55 back! When he left we both smiled, and she said 'He was one of the nicer ones!'  I didn't ask what that meant - I paid and left! 

There was no traffic on the way home, the roads are deserted, far more than usual.  Either the warnings are paying off, or there has been an over reaction by the organisers.  I still say - the competition days have not started, it may all change yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on these postings.