My Mother

My Mother
The original Miss Jones.

Saturday 17 September 2011

My Latest Pottery Creation.

'Smudge Bowl' - This fruit bowl came out well.  Trying to smudge the paint was really difficult

Having decided not to go back to pottery classes, I did wonder this morning if I had made the right decision. My pottery partner brought down the dish I made last term and I think it's rather nice. It's a hand made fruit bowl - not thrown.  Then it needed a 'distressed smudge'.  I think I did quite well! I have to blow my own trumpet, no one else to do it for me!!!

The accredited class which cost £28 for thirty weeks has been dropped in favour of the more popular Lifestyle class. This costs £43 every ten weeks plus £3 a week towards the clay.That totals £219 for thirty weeks.  This fee is out of the reach of most people wanting a hobby and a huge hike up from the £28 which is my own objection.

Matthew Jones is the tutor and classes are still held at Oxford House in Risca if anyone reading this wishes to join.  I would thoroughly recommend Matthew, he is an excellent teacher  Telephone: 01633 612245

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on these postings.