My Mother

My Mother
The original Miss Jones.

Sunday 2 October 2011

View of Three Counties

'Observe all around you and be thankful for all that you have in this transitory life time'. That was the first quote for homework this week.  Beautiful I thought. The second instruction was to go to a place that you have never been before, sit a while, then close your eyes and commence a story. Hm mm...

I went to visit a friend in the Swansea valley on Friday.  I asked to be taken somewhere where I could achieve this. I was taken to a viewing point in the Brecon Beacons National Park.  It was superb, perfect for the project. I made some notes and felt I had enough material to complete the task set for me.  When I got home and re-read the instruction it said 'begin your storey with an action'! Difficult .... as I had visited one of the most beautiful and peaceful place imaginable!

Having to commence the story this weekend - ready for Tuesday morning - I decided to put a hang glider in the tale, completely fictional of course, but then my course is Creative Writing.  I commenced with him and his cavorting and the rest was easy as they say!




The pictures above are not nearly good enough to reflect the beauty of the views of the three counties below, but they indicate the serenity of the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on these postings.