My Mother

My Mother
The original Miss Jones.

Thursday 4 November 2010

The Kiln Goddess - NOT!


This is my tutor and this is how 'Throwing' should be done.  I would like to post a picture of my hands and arms looking so confident and clean while working on the wheel, but it's not going to happen for  long time yet!!!!  The mess I was in this morning at pottery class was embarrassing! I am just not getting the hang of throwing.  It's so frustrating.  I see others doing so much better and it irritates me, not because I want to be the best, but because I can't seem to control the clay at the shaping stage. Once I have 'opened it out' I loose control.  I am sure there is a reason for this and I will get the hang of it eventually, but for now it's got me at screaming point.

I have the decorators in this morning, which means I have to disconnect my computer.  This could be goodbye as I may never be able to reconnect again! A laptop is definitely on my agenda for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on these postings.